What documents are necessary for the patients to bring along at the time of appointment?
- Medicare card and Private health fund card.
- A referral from your GP.
- A Copy of any investigations that have been performed
- List of current medications and Allergies
What is done and performed by the doctor at the very first visit?
- A comprehensive history and examination are performed at the first visit.
- There may be a need to order more blood tests and scans.
Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
Yes, a referral is required at the time of your visit.
Referrals are important, as the GP has selected the appropriate specialist for your condition.
Does the practice ensure a patient’s privacy?
At Colorectal Surgeons Newcastle, we respect a person’s privacy and we maintain strict confidentiality.
Who is a colorectal surgeon?
Colorectal surgeons are experts in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of colon and rectal problems. They have completed advanced training in the treatment of colon and rectal problems in addition to full training in General surgery.